Up | Down

Labels

 

Disoriented

~ ~
I was strolling around Glorietta the other day and noticed this big tarpaulin poster the mall put up to cover the renovation being made to the section damaged by an explosion in 2007. Walking on the second level, I was approaching the atrium and the activity area from one of the hallways when I noticed the huge poster showing what that side of the mall would like after the construction is done. I thought that it was a good idea. But as I got near the atrium and started walking around the corridor, I felt something was wrong as the corner of my eye caught the huge poster. So I turned my head towards the direction of the poster as I walked around the side of the atrium and I realized I was feeling a little nauseous. I got disoriented momentarily, in 3d! And I knew what was wrong. I think the photo’s angle was off. The scale at some points around the atrium is bit confusing as well.

View from hallway
(click photo to enlarge)




From the hallway, the scale and angle seems correct, but as I walked towards the atrium and started to see the floor below, it all went wrong.

View from 2nd level corridor
(click photo to enlarge)




More of the uneasiness came when I went to the atrium and felt the presence of the giant monochromatic people above me. I felt like they were going to step on me or pick and eat me.

View from activity area
(click photo to enlarge)



Inconsistent horizon level
(click photo to enlarge)



The artist who made the 3d could have made the scene more on the eye level so that the floor would not run up high the scene. Background artists of sitcoms are good at this. They have the correct perspective and a good sense of scale. Try to remember scenes from Palibhasa Lalaki, Home Along da Riles, and Bubble Gang. I think there is also a mistake in the composition of the entourage (people) in the scene. Notice that the eye level of the people used in the photo does not fall on the same horizon. I drew a red horizontal line on the photo and leveled it on the eyes of the nearest lady. The two people farthest on the scene on the ground floor are off the horizon. Incorrect perspective. With that and the sheer size of the poster, I got disoriented!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - ARKIATBP